These shrimp skewers are a quick and easy dinner that’s low in fat and calories. They’re also gluten-free, paleo, and vegan friendly.
The grilled garlic butter shrimp marinade is a quick and easy recipe to make with shrimp. It’s a great way to prepare shrimp for the grill or in the oven.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may earn a small fee.
This Grilled Shrimp Skewer is a tasty, fast shrimp dish that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. The shrimp is marinated and then cooked till golden brown. This easy grilled shrimp dish may be made on the stove or on an outside barbecue.
If you’re looking for a fast quality restaurant dish, these Low Carb Shrimp Skewers are a great option. They’re tasty, fresh, and ready in a matter of minutes.
Shrimps are one of my favorite dinners since there are so many different ways to cook them (along with the fact that they are incredibly nutritious). This recipe will teach you how to make my low-carb shrimp meal.
Keto Grilled Shrimp Skewers Ingredients
You’ll be surprised at how little ingredients are required to create this delectable grilled shrimp.
- Shrimp – Make sure the shrimp have been peeled, deveined, and deveined before cooking. To ensure that the shrimp are juicy, use big shrimp.
- Garlic — you may use either fresh or powdered garlic.
- You may cook the shrimp in a number of oils, including olive oil. Olive oil is one of my favorite cooking oils since it is flavorful and versatile.
- You may use dried parsley instead of fresh parsley and decrease the quantity.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice is delicious in this marinade for grilled shrimp skewers.
Marinade for shrimp
This marinade makes the shrimp soft and allows them to absorb all of the delicious spices and herbs. Garlic, lemon juice, fresh parsley, and dried herbs are used in this simple shrimp marinade to produce a lovely tangy taste. Feel free to experiment with the marinade by adding a dash of white wine.
What is the most enjoyable aspect about marinating shrimp? Because the shrimp is very delicate and cooks fully in only a few minutes, it only needs a couple of meanings.
Make sure the shrimp aren’t marinated or cooked for too long.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you follow a few easy steps, you can make the most amazing keto grilled shrimp skewers.
This shrimp dish may be made ahead of time, with the marinade prepared ahead of time and the shrimp added 20 minutes before cooking.
Allowing the shrimp to marinade overnight may cause them to become mushy.
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the ingredients, except the shrimp, in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Marinade the shrimp for 20 minutes before grilling to absorb all of the delicious aromas.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers after removing them from the marinade. On each skewer, I received around three shrimp on average.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through, rotating once to achieve even cooking.
- Finally, brush the grilled shrimp with garlic butter and serve warm with your favorite side dishes and a fresh lemon slice on the side.
The Skewers Have Been Soaked
Is it necessary to soak the skewers? If you’re using wood skewers, be sure to remove them before the meat cooks so they don’t burn. While the shrimp are marinating, completely submerge the wooden skewers in cold water.
When using a stovetop grill pan, I omit this step.
What Grill Should You Use?
I typically use my grill pan since it’s so much simpler and faster to prepare, but the finest shrimp skewers can also be cooked on an outdoor grill or under the broiler.
Are Shrimps Keto Approved?
One of the most keto-friendly protein choices is shrimp. The good news is that this applies to all shrimp types.
Shrimp is rich in protein and has no net carbs. Raw shrimp has 20 grams of protein per 100 grams. It also contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids.
With that in mind, we highly recommend include shrimp in your keto diet. And there are a plethora of delicious keto shrimp dishes to choose from. This Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Parmesan is guaranteed to please!
Keto Grilled Shrimp Skewers: How To Make Them Perfect
- Grilling jumbo shrimp is one of my personal favorites. The medium, on the other hand, may be utilized.
- Fresh, wild-caught shrimp are best when they’re available.
- Shrimp should be clear, pearl-like in appearance, and odorless.
- If you want a spicy shrimp dish, add more Sriracha to the marinade for the grilled shrimp skewers.
- While it is not absolutely necessary to peel and devein shrimp, it is well worth the effort.
How Long Should Shrimp Be Grilled?
Shrimp cook fast, so keep a close watch on them to avoid overcooking. Each side of the shrimp should be grilled for around 2-3 minutes. The shrimp will become pink and opaque when they are done. z
Sides to Serve with Grilled Shrimp Skewers on the Keto Diet
When I prepare seafood for supper, I prefer to make it the star of the show and serve it with some vegetables and a salad.
If you’re looking for a low-carb side dish, here are some of my favorites for the summer:
Which Shrimp Should I Purchase?
We purchase shrimp that are still in their shells but have been deveined. We peel them for this meal but leave the tails on for serving and dipping. If desired, save the shells after extracting them and use them to create a delicious shrimp bisque soup stock.
Substitutions and Variations
Shrimps that have been grilled may be consumed in a number of ways. To adapt the recipe to your tastes and preferences, try making the following changes:
- To create a complete meal, put some grilled shrimp on top of your favorite green salad or serve them with roasted or sautéed vegetables.
- Sauté instead of grilling if you don’t want to grill. Shrimp may also be cooked in a skillet. Simply sauté these shrimp skewers for an equally wonderful dinner. Sauté the shrimp for approximately two minutes over medium-high heat, or until they are bright pink and opaque.
- Add a couple of additional garlic cloves to the marinade if you like a pungent shrimp.
- Instead of olive oil, use melted butter in the marinade.
- Add some chili powder or a dash of chili sauce to kick things up a notch.
Is it possible to freeze shrimp skewers?
Is it possible to freeze shrimp skewers? While freezing raw shrimp is the best way to keep it fresh, cooked shrimp skewers may be frozen as well.
Before freezing your shrimp, let them chill for a few minutes in the fridge. Use a freezer-safe bag or a sealable container to prevent freezer burn.
Do you have any leftover grilled shrimp?
Place leftovers in an airtight container, ideally a glass jar, and store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave for a few seconds when ready to eat.
This Grilled Shrimp Skewer is a tasty, fast shrimp dish that takes just minutes to prepare. The shrimp is marinated and then cooked till golden brown. This easy grilled shrimp dish may be made on the stove or on an outside barbecue. 1 pound peeled and deveined big shrimp, tails on or off
- 1 pound peeled and deveined big shrimp, tails on or off
Marinade for shrimp
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp basil leaves
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- a half teaspoon of pepper
Butter Sauce with Lemon and Parsley
- melted 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 and a half tbsp lemon juice
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Soak the wooden skewers – Soak the skewers for approximately 30 minutes in a dish filled with water.
To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, and minced garlic in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the shrimps to evenly coat them. Allow for 20-30 minutes of marinating time.
Using skewers, arrange the shrimp. Grease a grill or grill pan and heat it over medium-high heat. Place the skewers of shrimp on the grill.
Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until shrimp are done.
To broil, preheat the oven to broil. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the shrimp skewers in a single layer. Broil for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
Serve with fresh lemon wedges and a butter sauce made with lemon parsley.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition data are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb amount.
grilled shrimp, shrimp recipe, grilled shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled shrimp, grilled
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special deals, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The lemon garlic grilled shrimp is a recipe that can be made in 20 minutes. It includes lemon, garlic, butter and parsley.
- grilled garlic butter shrimp skewers
- grilled shrimp marinade
- grilled garlic butter shrimp in foil
- grilled shrimp recipe
- lemon garlic butter shrimp