Marry Me Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Marry Me Chicken is a healthy, low-calorie dish with an extravagantly creamy sun dried tomato cream sauce. For this recipe you’ll need: chicken breast sliced in half horizontally, canned sundried tomatoes and their oil, unsalted butter or olive oil for sauteing the vegetables and herbs to soften them up a bit before adding the heavy cream
Marry Me Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce is a recipe that’s perfect for your next romantic dinner. The sun-dried tomatoes add a burst of flavor and the creaminess of the sauce makes it easy to make.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
Bone-in chicken thighs are served with a sun-dried tomato creamy sauce prepared with heavy cream and parmesan cheese in this Marry Me Chicken Recipe. It’s a crowd-pleasing chicken meal that’s fast and simple to prepare. This easy one-pot chicken meal will please everyone and is excellent for hectic weeknights. It’s also great for gluten-free, low-carb, and ketogenic eating plans.
Because it takes less than 30 minutes to cook from scratch, I’m confident you’ll add this Marry Me Chicken dish to your dinner rotation. Expect to hear things like “Mmm’s,” “Wow,” and “This is incredible!” It’s love at first taste with “You can make this anytime!”
What is the meaning of Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is a delectable blend of precisely seared bone-in chicken thighs coated in the creamiest sun-dried tomato sauce before being baked to perfection.
If you ask me, the name of the dish is amusing, but it is stated that if you offer it to your partner, he would immediately propose due to how good it is.
It’s a family favorite, and everyone continues asking for seconds, similar to our Tuscan Chicken dish, which is adored by so many of you. Let’s get cooking if you’re seeking for a marriage proposal!
You won’t have any problem creating this dish, no matter how skilled you are in the kitchen! Finally, fresh parsley or thyme are added to this delectable chicken meal.
The Best Reasons to Make This Chicken Recipe
- It has a lot of taste. The tomato cream sauce is quick and easy to create, as well as tasty. Tomatoes and parmesan go along so well.
- Making this dish is simple and quick. This delectable meal is so simple to prepare that it can be completed in under an hour.
- It is possible to prepare it ahead of time. It’s great for meal planning, and it keeps in the fridge for many days.
- Budget-Friendly. This dish requires no costly ingredients, and it may be served with rice or pasta for a full dinner (skip for keto!).
- By nature, keto-friendly, low-carb, and gluten-free. There are no changes that need to be made!
This Marry Me Chicken’s Ingredients
You just need a few basic, easy-to-find items to make this wonderful keto marry me chicken:
- High-quality olive oil should be used for frying. Instead of salted butter, you may use unsalted butter.
- Skin-On Bone-In Chicken Thighs — I used skin-on bone-in thighs for this recipe. Although skinless chicken breasts would suffice, I like the crunchy skin.
- Garlic – One of the things that makes this chicken so delicious is the minced garlic, which is quite aromatic and ideal for this dish.
- Oregano — I used dried oregano in this recipe, but fresh oregano is also delicious.
- Red Pepper Flakes — For added spiciness. If you’re not a fan, leave it out and replace it with paprika.
- You may want to use a low-sodium chicken broth since you’ll be adding a few salty ingredients. Vegetable broth may be substituted for chicken stock.
- Heavy Cream — For a rich and tasty sauce, add heavy cream, which also thickens the sauce naturally.
- Parmesan Cheese — For the finest taste, I used freshly grated parmesan cheese. It’s also good to use pre-shredded parmesan.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes — For a zesty, delicious, and sweet meal, use store-bought sun-dried tomatoes, cut into tiny pieces. Keep an eye on the amount of salt you use if your sundried tomatoes are overly salty.
- Fresh parsley is an excellent garnish. Basil and thyme are two more great herbs to utilize.
The recipe card below has a complete list of ingredients as well as directions.
This Keto Marry Me Chicken Is Easy To Make
Following a few simple steps, you can cook this delectable Keto Marry Me Chicken.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then set it skin side down in the pan to sear. Sear for 4–5 minutes, or until it begins to brown. On the opposite side, cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Place the chicken on a dish to serve.
- Reduce the heat to low and sauté the garlic for one minute before adding the chicken stock, heavy cream, and oregano and red pepper flakes. Sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese are added last. Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear).
Cooking Instructions for the Best Keto Marry Me Chicken
- White wine may be used in lieu of chicken broth – Add a splash of white wine to this Marry Me Chicken dish to amp up the taste.
- Chicken breasts may be substituted for chicken thighs.
- I suggest purchasing a block of parmesan cheese and shredding it yourself. The taste of store-bought parmesan cheese isn’t very strong, and it typically doesn’t dissolve well in sauces.
How to Keep Marry Me Chicken Fresh
- Refrigerator: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Creamy sauces should not be kept in the freezer because when they thaw, they become gritty.
It may be reheated in the microwave or on the stovetop, but it will need to be thinned with chicken broth or water.
Is it possible to make this recipe ahead of time?
Season the meat and pan-sear for 5 minutes on each side to cook this chicken meal ahead of time. Prepare the sauce as directed below, then bake for 20 minutes in the oven until ready to serve.
Suggestions for Serving
This meal, in my view, does not need any side dishes since it is rather full. If you do decide to serve it with anything, here are some wonderful pairing suggestions:
Looking for more mouth-watering chicken recipes?
Chicken thighs are cooked in a rich sun-dried tomato sauce with cream and parmesan cheese in this Marry Me Chicken Recipe. It’s a crowd-pleasing chicken meal that’s fast and simple to prepare. This easy one-pot chicken meal will please everyone and is excellent for hectic weeknights. It’s also great for gluten-free, low-carb, and ketogenic eating plans.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dry
- a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 gallon of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- a half teaspoon of salt, or more to taste
- a quarter teaspoon of pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius. Season both sides of the chicken tights generously with salt and pepper.
In a large cast-iron pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
When the pan is heated, place the chicken skin side down in it. Sear for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Keep the chicken warm by removing it from the skillet.
Reduce the heat to low and sauté the minced garlic for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Combine the broth, heavy cream, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with oregano and red pepper flakes, if desired. Return the chicken to the skillet and place it in the preheated oven after it has reached a simmer.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is well done. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve the chicken immediately with your favorite sides, topped with sauce and finely chopped parsley.
If you want to cut the carbohydrates even further, replace the sun-dried tomatoes with 2-3 tsp tomato paste. The flavor is eerily similar!
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition information are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb total.
Recipes for chicken in a creamy sauce
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
The “sides for marry me chicken” is a recipe that features cream and sun dried tomato sauce. The creamy sauce pairs well with the chicken and vegetables, which are all cooked in a skillet.
- best marry me chicken recipe
- marry me chicken over pasta
- easy marry me chicken recipe
- marry me chicken ingredients
- marry me chicken boneless