Keto lemon blueberry cake is a low carb and gluten free cake. The perfect treat for anyone on a ketogenic diet or just looking to lower their sugar intake while still increasing the flavor!
The “keto lemon blueberry cheesecake” is a low carb cake that is made with lemons and blueberries. The cake has a light and fluffy texture and tastes great.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This delicious Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake is topped with a delectable lemon cream cheese icing. It’s not only a beautiful low-carb lemon cake, but it also tastes delicious and is simple to prepare. It’s a personal favorite that everyone enjoys.
I’m aware that chocolate reigns first among sweets (and I shared plenty of keto chocolate desserts). This keto lemon blueberry cake, on the other hand, is genuinely exceptional.
I’m certain you’ll appreciate this keto cake recipe as much as you did my keto blueberry bread, which is one of the most popular dishes on the site, as well as my keto brownies.
Imagine three gorgeous layers of grain-free lemon cake bursting with luscious blueberries and topped with a homemade lemon cream cheese icing. All of this is done without the use of sugar or wheat.
This keto lemon blueberry cake with whipped lemon icing has quickly risen to the top of my list of favorite keto desserts. The greatest thing is that it’s so simple to make.
Simply take a break and bake this lemon blueberry cake. This cake is incredibly delicious and sweet and tangy, and it’s perfect if you like blueberries or have a birthday coming up.
This Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake’s Ingredients
You’ll be amazed at how few and easy materials are required to make such a delectable cake:
To make the cake batter, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the almond and coconut flours to ensure that the batter is free of clumps. The cake’s texture will be lighter as a result.
- Baking powder adds fluffiness to the keto leaf cakes.
- Eggs — Use room-temperature eggs to reduce the eggy taste. They’re also high in protein and help the other components stick together.
- Juice of a lemon — You may juice the same lemon you used for the zest or buy lemon juice at the supermarket.
- Lemon Zest — gives a punch of lemon flavor, however lemon extract may be substituted.
- Use unsalted butter with just a sprinkle of salt since this is a low carb dessert. The sweet taste will be overshadowed by the salted butter. Use melted coconut oil or avocado oil instead of butter for a dairy-free keto cake.
- Use the best vanilla extract you can find while making this recipe.
- Sweetener — I used Erythritol in this recipe, but you could also use Monk Fruit sweetener or Allulose.
- Fresh blueberries — I used fresh blueberries in this dessert. You may use frozen blueberries, but be sure to cover them in coconut flour to prevent the cake from becoming mushy.
- Salt – Enhances the sweetness.
In order to make the Frosting: Lemon Cream Cheese, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Cream Cheese — You’ll need full-fat softened cream cheese for this recipe. The outcome will be less creamy if you use fat-free milk.
- Heavy Whipping Cream — gives the filling a rich, creamy texture. If you wish to create a paleo cake, coconut cream may be used instead.
- Lemon Zest – There’s nothing like lemon zest! It’s tangy and provides just the right amount of lemon flavor.
- Lemon Juice
- butter — unsalted softened butter
- Sweetness – For the frosting, I suggest using powdered sweetener since it melts more easily.
Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe
With just a few easy steps, you can prepare this Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake. Despite the fact that it looks to be a lot of work, guess what? It isn’t nearly as complicated as it seems. You’ll need to start by making a keto vanilla cake from scratch, followed by the greatest sugar-free lemon cream cheese icing.
Make sure your oven is preheated and your cake pans are ready before you start mixing the cake batter. You may use a baking sheet or a cooking spray; both options are effective.
After that, you may begin preparing the keto cake batter.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing basin and put aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla essence, and lemon zest until thoroughly blended.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the batter is smooth. Allow for a few minutes of relaxing.
- In a separate bowl, fold the blueberries into the cake batter.
- Then, equally distribute the cake batter into three prepared round cake pans and bake according to the recipe card below, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
The Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting is now ready to be made.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and beat until thoroughly blended.
To make the Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Go to our YouTube channel and watch our brief step-by-step video instruction to discover precisely how to build this cake.
Is it possible to eat blueberries on a Keto diet?
Berries have the lowest sugar content of any fruit, including blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. As a consequence, berries are a fantastic addition to a ketogenic diet. Furthermore, they are rather easy to integrate into your regular diet.
How to Make a Keto Cake Decoration
The lemon cream cheese frosting is fantastic, but it will be a little softer than ordinary icing. If it seems to be too shaky, chill it for a few minutes to firm up. Because there are three cake layers, divide the frosting into three equal quantities to ensure that each layer is covered.
I used fresh blueberries and lemon scraps to garnish the cake, which makes it seem incredibly clean and sophisticated. If you want to go creative with your filling, you may add lemon slices, edible flowers, or blueberry jam to trickle down the edges.
Make the Best Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake with These Tips
- To avoid the blueberries sinking to the bottom of the cake layers, toss them in a tablespoon of coconut flour before adding them to the batter. This will aid in their sticking to the cake batter and preventing them from sinking.
- Sift the dry ingredients to remove any larger clumps, resulting in a light flour mixture.
- The finest keto cake is made using components that are at room temperature.
- Before zesting your lemons, make sure they’re clean. I normally wash fruits and vegetables in a water and vinegar bath before eating them.
- Make sure the batter isn’t over-mixed. The cake may become rough and dense as a consequence.
- The cake layers should not be overbaked.
Almond Flour Blueberry Cake Storage
I suggest storing any leftovers in a cake container in the fridge due to the cream cheese icing.
Is It Possible to Freeze Keto Blueberry Lemon Cake?
Yes, but I recommend eating it right away.
- Wrap your cakes snugly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and put them in the freezer if you wish to freeze them without filling.
- If you’re going to freeze the cake with the filling, do so for 2 hours. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place it back in the freezer until the icing has frozen enough that nothing clings to it.
Where Can I Find More Keto Cake Recipes? Consider the following:
With a delectable lemon cream cheese icing, this Keto Lemon Blueberry Cake is lemon-infused. It’s not only a beautiful low-carb lemon cake, but it also tastes delicious and is simple to prepare. It’s a personal favorite that everyone enjoys.
Batter for Keto Cake:
- 2 cups blanched, super-fine almond flour
- 12 CUP CULTURED COCONUT FLOUR
- 14 cup protein powder (or more coconut flour)
- 6 big room-temperature eggs
- a third of a cup of lemon juice squeezed from two medium lemons
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 13 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille (pure)
- 34 cup granulated erythritol or monk fruit sweetener
- 1 pound of blueberries
- 1 tblsp baking soda
- 12 teaspoons fine sea salt
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- room temperature 6 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup sweetener powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons thick cream
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 14 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius. Line the bottoms of three 9-inch or 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
To make the cake batter, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
Combine the eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Mix for approximately 2 minutes, or until frothy, using an electric mixer.
Continue mixing the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until the batter is smooth. Add the blueberries and stir to combine.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the top is firm to the touch and the edges are golden brown.
Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool fully.
To make the frosting, put all of the lemon frosting ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until completely blended and no lumps are visible.
Assemble the cake: On a cake stand or serving dish, place the first cake layer. 1/3 of the cream cheese frosting should be evenly distributed.
Place the second cake layer on top of the third layer of icing, then top with the final cake layer. Finish with the remaining icing. Serve with fresh blueberries and lemon zest for garnish. Before cutting, chill for at least 2 hours.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition information are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb total.
Keywords: keto lemon cake, keto blueberry cake
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
This cake is low in carbs and full of flavor. It has the perfect balance between lemon and blueberry that will leave you wanting more. Reference: keto blueberry cake.
- keto lemon blueberry pound cake
- sugar free lemon blueberry cake
- keto lemon cake
- keto lemon blueberry coffee cake
- lemon zucchini blueberry cake