Keto Coconut Cream Pie – Best Low Carb Coconut Pie
I am a low carb coconut cream pie that is easy to make, keto-friendly, and super tasty. It has been in my family for over 20 years but I’ve revamped it with a new crust mixture of almond flour and tapioca starch.
The “keto coconut cream pie no bake” is a recipe that is perfect for those on a low-carb diet. It’s also gluten free, sugar free, grain free and dairy free.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may get a small profit.
This gluten-free keto coconut cream pie has a wonderfully creamy coconut filling and a gluten-free almond flour crust. This low carb coconut pie is the ultimate treat for coconut fans, topped with sugar-free whipped cream and toasted coconut.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever told you this, but I’m a coconut fanatic. That’s correct. Coconut is one of my favorite foods in any form. Various keto coconut recipes, such as Chocolate Almond Joy and coconut flour brownies, may be found on the site.
You requested me to make a low-carb version of a coconut cream pie, and I agreed. Guys, this wonderful keto coconut cake took a few attempts for me to perfect. But you already know that I don’t post less-than-perfect keto desserts recipes because I want you to enjoy what you make and avoid wasting pricey materials.
Coconut Cream Pie with Low Carbs isn’t only for coconut lovers. This pie is for you if you like creamy, thick custard topped with whipped cream.
You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re seeking for the greatest keto cream pie. It’s creamy, coconutty, and features a flaky, gluten-free pie crust that outperforms any regular pie crust.
I’m certain you’ll want to cook this sugar-free coconut cream pie again and again, with just 4 grams of net carbohydrates per slice.
Is Coconut a Keto Food?
Yes, you can consume coconut and coconut-based goods while on a keto diet without throwing yourself out of ketosis.
Low-sugar coconut products are an excellent choice to include in your keto diet since they are low in net carbs and high in healthy fat.
Three Parts of a Keto Coconut Cream Pie
I broke this recipe into three pieces to make it simpler to follow. Making a keto pie from scratch is quite simple.
- Homemade Keto Pie Crust – Use almond flour and coconut flour to make the pie crust from scratch. It’s crucial to bake it blind.
- Sugar-Free Coconut Filling — On the stove, make a custardy coconut filling.
- Whipped Cream — Super simple to prepare and sugar-free. You may also add a dash of coconut extract.
Ingredients for a Low-Carb Coconut Cream Pie
This dish calls for canned coconut milk, which is rich and creamy. The other components are quite common and readily available at any grocery shop.
To make the crust:
- The finest keto flour combination for making a wonderful keto pie crust is almond flour and coconut flour.
- Powdered Sweetener – Erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit, or allulose are examples of keto powdered sweeteners.
- Use unsalted butter or coconut oil instead of butter if you’re going dairy-free.
- To tie everything together, use a big room temperature egg.
To make the coconut cream filling, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- The greatest option for a creamy basis for the filling is heavy whipping cream. Don’t use milk as a replacement.
- Coconut Cream – This gives a dash of coconut flavor to the dish. If you don’t have any, substitute it with the same quantity of heavy cream and a few drops of coconut essence.
- Large eggs are best served at room temperature. It aids in the binding of the cream. 2 whole eggs and an egg yolk are required.
- Powdered Sweetener — To minimize lumps, I suggest sifting the sweetener.
- Use room temperature butter to make it easier to integrate.
- Use a high-quality vanilla and coconut extract for a greater flavor.
- Xanthan Gum — this ingredient helps the cream thicken, so don’t leave it out. Guar gum, gelatin powder, or agar-agar may alternatively be used in its stead. However, if you’re not concerned about carbohydrates, you may thicken the pie filling using corn starch.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut – be sure you use unsweetened shredded coconut.
For the icing:
- Heavy Whipping Cream — This time, you must use chilled heavy whipping cream.
- Swerve Sweetener Powder
- Vanilla Extract — A high-quality vanilla extract is essential.
- You may roast flakes of coconut or leave them untoasted.
How to Make a Delectable Low-Carb Coconut Cream Pie
If you follow the directions below, you’ll get the most delectable low-carb coconut cream pie you’ve ever had. It may seem difficult at first, but following the instructions and watching the step-by-step video will help.
- To begin, prepare the almond flour crust. Begin by combining all of the crust ingredients. Next, flatten the dough into a 9-inch pie plate and use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust. Refrigerate the crust for 10 minutes before baking it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Wrap the edges with foil to keep them from burning.
- To make the filling, whisk together the heavy cream and coconut cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to a low simmer after bringing to a low boil.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the eggs, yolks, sugar, and xanthan gum.
- Pour half of the heated cream over the egg mixture and thoroughly combine, then pour the whole tempered mixture over the hot cream.
- Remove the cream from the heat and stir in the butter and coconut flakes until the cream has thickened.
- Allow the cream to cool for at least 3 hours after pouring it over the chilled crust.
- To make the topping, follow these steps: In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except the coconut flakes) and beat for 3 minutes.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes should be toasted until they become a brilliant golden brown hue.
- Decorate with coconut flakes and whipped cream on top of the pie.
Make-ahead tip: The flaky almond flour crust may be prepared up to three days ahead of time. The coconut filling will be ready to go into the cooked pie shell.
Making The Best Low-Carb Coconut Cream Pie Tips
- Bring all of the ingredients to room temperature, except the heavy cream for the topping, for the best results.
- While the filling is on the heat, whisk it continually to prevent it from burning. Cook for approximately five minutes over medium-low heat, or until the filling has thickened.
- If the whipped cream is overbeaten, it will separate and turn into butter.
- If you don’t like shredded coconut, leave it out. That manner, the texture would be creamier and smoother.
What Is The Best Way To Store This Low Carb Coconut Cream Pie?
- Refrigerate the coconut cream pie for up to five days after wrapping it in plastic wrap.
- If you want to freeze it, I suggest freezing the pie dough first and then filling it afterwards. The day before you want to eat the pie, thaw it and put it together.
Where Can I Find More Keto Pie Recipes? Consider the following:
This gluten-free keto coconut cream pie has a wonderfully creamy coconut filling and a gluten-free almond flour crust. For coconut fans, this no-bake low-carb coconut pie is the ideal treat.
Crust made with almond flour
- 1 34 cup blanched superfine almond flour + extra as required
- a third of a cup of coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener powder
- 12 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 big room-temperature egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart of thick cream
- 1 full-fat coconut milk can (14 oz.)
- 2 eggs, big
- 1 yolk of an egg
- a third of a cup of powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
- 14 teaspoon glucomannan or xanthan gum
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
Mode of Preparation Stop your screen from turning black.
Keto Pie Crust Made using Almond Flour:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, powdered sweetener, softened butter, big egg, and a sprinkle of salt. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a spatula until a dough forms.
Place the dough in the pie pan and press it down. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust with a fork. Freeze the pie pan for 10 minutes before using.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until brown. To keep the edges from burning, wrap them with foil.
To make the sugar-free coconut filling, follow these steps:
Combine the eggs, egg yolk, powdered sweetener, xanthan gum, and salt in a mixing bowl.
Put a medium saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat. Combine the heavy cream and coconut cream in a mixing bowl. Bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
To temper the eggs, pour half of the hot cream over the egg mixture while continually whisking. Work quickly to avoid scrambling the eggs.
Slowly stir the tempered egg mixture back into the hot cream in the pan.
Whisk for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the pudding thickens and bubbles.
Remove from the heat and combine the butter, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and coconut essence in a mixing bowl (if using).
Fill the cooled baked pie shell with the heated coconut mixture. Spread evenly with a spatula. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
To make the whipped cream topping, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Whip the cool heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla together in a large mixing basin. Mix for 3-4 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer, or until firm peaks form.
Decorate with toasted flakes coconut and whipped cream on the cold pie.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition information are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb total.
Coconut cream pie is a ketogenic dessert.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special discounts, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Watch This Video-
The “keto coconut cream fat bombs” is a low-carb dessert that is made with a traditional pie crust, almond flour and coconut sugar. The recipe uses greek yogurt for the filling instead of heavy cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is coconut cream OK for Keto?
How many carbs are in coconut pie?
What is the difference between coconut cream pie and coconut custard pie?
A: Coconut cream pie has a thicker, more pudding-like texture while coconut custard pies are denser and somewhat chewier.
- easy keto coconut cream pie
- sugar free coconut cream pie with meringue
- low carb coconut custard pie
- keto coconut pie crust
- keto coconut cream pudding