This chicken mushroom recipe is a delicious and easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table. Chicken breasts are cooked in a simple garlic and herb sauce, then mushrooms are added for extra flavor and nutrition. Serve this dish with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
Ingredients and Tools
-One pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-One Package of sliced mushrooms
-One cup of chicken broth
-Three tablespoons of butter
-One tablespoon of olive oil
-One minced garlic clove
-Half a teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
-Salt and pepper to taste.
-Skillet or frying pan
-Baking dish or casserole
Chicken mushroom recipe healthy
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and dried thyme leaves. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt one tablespoon of butter. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about four minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, or until garlic is fragrant. Add the mushrooms and cook for about five minutes, or until they are soft. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
4. Pour the mushroom mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and place the chicken breasts on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately with your favorite sides!
Serve this dish with rice or pasta for a complete meal. If you are looking for a lower carb option, try serving it over cauliflower rice. This dish would also be delicious served with a side of roasted vegetables. This chicken mushroom recipe is a delicious and easy way to get a healthy dinner on the table. Chicken breasts are cooked in a simple garlic and herb sauce, then mushrooms are added for extra flavor and nutrition. Serve this dish with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
-Fat: 19 grams
-Saturated Fat: 8 grams
-Cholesterol: 108 milligrams
-Sodium: 480 milligrams
-Carbohydrates: 9 grams
-Fiber: 2 grams
-Sugar: 5 grams
-Protein: 32 grams
Tips and Tricks
1. If you are looking for a lower carb option, try serving this dish over cauliflower rice.
2. This dish would also be delicious served with a side of roasted vegetables.
3. To make this dish ahead of time, cook the chicken and mushrooms in the sauce. Then, store in the fridge for up to four days. When you are ready to eat, simply reheat and serve.
4. If you don’t have chicken broth on hand, you can substitute it with beef or vegetable broth.
5. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you are feeding a crowd. Simply cook the chicken and mushrooms in batches and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Variations on the Recipe
1. Try using different types of mushrooms in this recipe, such as portobello mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms.
2. Add some fresh herbs to the sauce for extra flavor, such as parsley, thyme or rosemary.
3. If you are looking for a bit of spice in your dish, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
4. Swap out the chicken breasts for chicken thighs, if you prefer.
5. For a vegetarian option, try using tofu in place of the chicken. Simply cook the tofu in the sauce until it is heated through. Then, proceed with the recipe as directed.